Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Your Self- Worth....

We all at times let our self worth get lost when we are trying to attain certain things in our lives. Usually for us women, it takes being in a bad relationship for us to realize that we have let this slip. I believe we all need to give more love to ourselves before during and after a relationship, not just after things go wrong and we're left asking ourselves all the questions. What did I do wrong? What could I of done different? Am I not worthy of their love? We all have so much love in our hearts, why shouldn't we give ourselves the amount of love that we would give to our lovers? I know that in the past I've lost myself in relationships because of pouring everything I had into that other person. I made the mistake of not focusing on my needs, and wants and filling my own happiness tank. We all have certain needs and wants, and what most of us don't realize is that it is our responsibility to fill that void, not someone else's. We tend to feel needy at times and look to the person we're involved with to make us feel better, which is ok to a certain extent. When that person doesn't fulfill this need we have, we sometimes feel neglected, and may tell them their not paying attention to us. What we all need to realize is that in those moments of need, we need to catch ourselves, and turn our attentions to ourselves. Find what your lacking that's making you feel that way. Take time for yourself and workout, paint, write, read a book, go out with some friends, whatever it may be that you can do to fill that tank up again. I guarantee if you practiced this, you would find that your relationship will flourish. It will especially help if your with someone who does the same when their feeling needy. Love yourself and know your worth. That's not to say that your partner shouldn't be giving you certain things you need out of the relationship by any means. Relationships should be a team effort. It takes two people to be in a relationship and at no time is it right for one person to give more than the other. We are all a work in progress within ourselves, our jobs, & our dreams, so what makes your relationship any different? It doesn't its a work in progress, and you have to "work" at it. Meaning putting effort into it. I know my worth, I know that I deserve to be with someone that will give back what I put into it. I deserve to be treated with respect. I deserve to be with someone who communicates their feelings to me. I deserve honesty. I deserve thoughtfulness. I deserve compassion. I deserve passion. I deserve to not be judged. I deserve a chance.....




No comments:

Post a Comment