Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Sara Bareilles - One Sweet Love



I don't think I've ever listened to a song and had it touch me in a way that It did today. I've listened to this song a million times over the last couple years, because It's one of my favorites. Today driving home from a friends, looking out at the beautiful sunset listening to this song just touched me like never before. I admit I actually started crying. We all listen to songs and relate them to our lives. This song means alot to me now. She's basically speaking of finding a lover in the future, and being ready.
This verse, for example:"A nameless face i think i see to sit and watch the waves with me till their gone. A heart i swear id recognize is made out of my own devices, could i be wrong"....
In relation to my life when she says "A heart I swear I'd recognize is made out of my own devices", I think of the quote "Be the person you want to attract" Once you reach a certain point in your life, where you feel comfortable in your skin and love yourself unconditionally, I believe you will attract just that from someone else.
I've done alot of self transformation over the last year or so. I used to be an angry, bitter, jealous, impatient person. For a little while anyways, during a certain relationship I had. I hated who I had become in that relationship, because it was nothing close to the person that I used to be or strived to be. I'm a work in progress, as we all are and I'm nowhere near perfect, but I am very content and comfortable in my own skin. I believe in myself and the person that I am now, I can say that I'm proud of. I listen, I'm not jealous, I hold no judgement, I have no anger left inside me of anything that has been done to me in the past, & I love unconditionally. I can make myself happy, and do not need a partner to "complete" me, but we we're all put on this earth to love. It's funny because whenever I open myself up to love, I attract it. I have no regrets of past relationships I've had, for they have all taught me things about myself, and things I want in a partner. I am thankful for the time that I've spent with them.
My advice to everyone, is love yourself unconditionally, and make yourself happy and whole & your relationships will be that much more amazing! Because you can't find her/him, until you find you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_C55DeU568A




Namaste'

No comments:

Post a Comment