Thursday, April 12, 2012

Pieces of my puzzle

It's amazing to me how so many people and opportunities pass by us that we ignore. There comes a time in our lives where we need to take notice and really pay attention to what the universe is providing us with! I feel very blessed to have the ability to do so as of late. I can look back over a certain span of my life and actually put all the pieces together of why certain things happened in my life, and why certain people were brought into my life. It's an amazing feeling! Although at the time I'm going through something my first thought is why? Then I kindly remind myself that everything happens for a reason! My journey of enlightenment began several years ago when I was in search of a religion I could relate to. I was raised catholic and grew to disagree with many aspects of their teachings. So my search began. I was immediately drawn to buddism. I started getting books from the library and reading as much as possible. There were so many different types it was overwhelming. Which one do I practice? How can I find enlightenment in the midst of my crazy busy life without going on a retreat to a secluded mountain? While I pondered these things I continued to occasionally attend a non denominational church. I enjoyed going, it was a casual atmosphere and the music was current to the times and exciting. I slowly started adding certain aspects of buddism into my daily life and tried meditation as well. I got involved into yoga which was a very peaceful outlet for me. Every time I left class I felt rejuvenated, and my mind was clearer. I continued my search for what I call my missing piece. Yes I had found the religion, as most like to call it, that I was interested in but something was still missing. I couldn't quite put my finger on it. Shortly after moving to las Vegas, I met someone very special who introduced me to an amazing book called "the mastery of love" by Don Miguel Ruiz. What an incredible read! If you haven't read it I highly recommend this book to everyone! I have a handful of friends who have recently purchased this book at my suggestion and it has changed their lives. This book helped me learn about loving myself no matter what, and backed up my past belief that when you meet someone they should add to your happiness and for you not to rely on them to make you happy. This way of thinking has worked wonders in my relationships with people in general, not just romantically.
I feel like I went through an entire personal transformation my first few months out here. It was eye opening and very refreshing to let go of old bitter feelings and learn to forgive others as well as myself. I felt like a new me! I started meeting people who had the same outlook as me and I soon realized the people I would come in contact with we're all put in my path for a reason. Some of which have become very close spiritual friends of mine. I still felt like something was missing and I started talking about finding a place to learn more about Buddhism with some of my friends. After some research and a few, I'll call them coincidental new friendships made, (even though I don't believe there is a such thing), we finally found a place to attend. I anticipated going for two weeks and couldn't wait! I don't even think I could explain in words what I felt at that meeting and afterwards. The only thing that comes to mind is I felt like I was home. Everyone was so friendly and open and willing to share their experiences it was wonderful! I don't think I stopped smiling the entire meeting I was so excited to meet these amazing people and find somewhere to learn more about buddism. I was so energized when I came home I started painting for the first time in months! I like to call this piece "universe" everything I had been drawing for years had all come together that night. I could finally put all the little pieces to my puzzle of my journey together. I felt complete. I look forward to making this my new family and introducing more of my friends to this wonderful way of life. The only thing you need to believe in is cause and effect! For every action there is a reaction. Period.

No comments:

Post a Comment