Tuesday, March 6, 2012

A Day in The Art District


Most weekends my girls and I like to do occasional photo shoots. On this paticular day it was 75 degrees on a lovely "spring" day in Vegas. We decided to head down to the Art District and take a few pictures. Las Vegas is full of Artwork everywhere you look. You could be on the 95 driving and look over and see beautiful metal sculptures, mostly shaped as animals. Even driving down one of the main cross streets such as Flamingo or Desert Inn you'll find paintings on random places like utility boxes on the sidewalk. I love this about Vegas! I haven't seen this much artwork in very many cities I've been too, besides Chicago Illinois.
After taking a few pictures, we decided to have lunch at the amazing Casa Don Juan Mexican Restaurant! YUM! Afterwards we headed to Fremont St. to walk around. We were standing in line to get my fortune read, which didn't end up happening because the line was too long, and god forbid all their phones were dying and they needed to go home to recharge! lol Anyhow, while we were standing in line, we started to look around at all the interesting people walking by. Somehow we started saying, "Oh they live here, or Oh they definitely don't live here", based on how people were dressed. The girls all said you can tell we live here, and I said how's that? Their reply...."Our shoes, DUH!" haha so I decided to take a picture of all of our shoes. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment